In the Groove
ColourPop In the Groove Luster Dust Loose Highlighter ($7.00 for 0.106 oz.) is a light peachy-gold with warmer undertones and a soft, luminous sheen with faint micro-sparkle that twinkled throughout as it wasn’t packed with the larger sparkles. The texture was very finely-milled, airy, and smooth as it didn’t emphasize my skin’s texture once applied and blended out.
It had semi-opaque, buildable color coverage that adhered evenly to bare skin. This shade lasted well for eight hours before fading visibly.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Becca Year of the Pig (LE, $38.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Guilty Pleasure (LE, $8.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Stargazer (P, $39.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Lethal Cosmetics Chromosphere (P, $18.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Sesso (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Ciate Roger, Darling (LE, $32.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Now’s the Time (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Gilt Glow (LE, $68.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Gleam Sheen (PiP, ) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Star Brite (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
$7.00/0.106 oz. – $66.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be a “finely-milled, soft powder” that “packs a blinding punch” where “a little goes a long way.” These can be incredibly shiny and metallic on the skin, and the coverage seemed to be all in the application. They actually seemed to be more pigmented when I applied them to my cheekbones using a tapered highlighter than when I used smaller brushes (for eyes) on my forearm. The powders were finely-milled with some base color and a lot of shimmer/pearl. I found the best way to apply these was to pick up product onto a brush and then swirl my brush on the interior of the cap, which helped to disperse the powder more evenly through my brush. This resulted in more even application to my cheeks that required less buffing and blending than if I skipped the swirling step. They lasted around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our ColourPop Luster Dust Loose Highlighter swatches.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!