Huda Beauty Theia N.Y.M.P.H. Kiss Glow Blush ($39.00 for 0.24 oz.) has a more transparent base chocked full of pink-to-peach duochrome sparkle. The base had a peachiness to it that went from yellower to more coppery, depending on the angle. The finish was shiny and sparkling, and while the brand said it didn’t have glitter, I could absolutely see some readers finding this way too “glittery.”
The formula is supposed to work as a “blush or a shaded highlighter” that adds “instant color and shine without any … glitter.” It is described as having “buildable” coverage and a “light-as-air” texture. The coverage was definitely more medium and buildable, as marketed, and the coverage came largely in the form of shimmer/sparkle.
The consistency was a little drier to the touch, but it picked up well and evenly on a brush, applied evenly, and blended out nicely as the sparkles/shimmer dispersed over my skin without lifting away. The powder seemed to have that gel-powder hybrid feel and performance, which gave it a more “melted” and seamless application after the powder sat on my skin for a few minutes. It stayed on well for eight hours but had slight migration while worn.
- MAC Delicate Drift (LE, $20.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Smashbox Prismatic Petal (LE, $39.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Canary Diamond (P, $34.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Stylishly Merry #2 (LE, $20.00) is more shimmery, darker, more pigmented (90% similar).
- Stila Painted Lady (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Snowflushed (LE, $37.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Stila Mystere (LE, $28.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Cover FX Lunar (P, $44.00) is less shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Pat McGrath VR Violet (PiP, $25.00) is darker (85% similar).
- Bad Habit Transcend (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
synthetic fluorphlogopite, mica, silica, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, squalane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, glycerin, polysorbate 20, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, tin oxide, 1,2-hexanediol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, chondrus crispus, xanthan gum, dicalcium phosphate, alumina, iron oxides (ci 77491), titanium dioxide (ci 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.